The KERU is a platform that has been established at Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) to address this challenge, but specifically to:
- Enable policy makers be part of the evidence generation processes
- Create an interface for researchers and policy makers to discuss priority evidence questions for research
- Create a Knowledge Repository fir research evidence on health systems, done in Uganda and the region
- Provide a framework for timely response to evidence requests from policy and decision makers
- Synthesize, package, and disseminate available evidence around topic policy issues on health service delivery in Uganda.
The Knowledge Management and Evidence Response Unit (KERU) is funded by the Government of Uganda initiative on research in Higher Institutions of Learning – The Research and Innovations Fund (RIF). More details on the RIF initiative can be found on https://rif.mak.ac.ug/